Friday, August 15, 2008

I got a little excited.

Right now I currently have 7 Jersey Wooly and American Fuzzy Lop crosses. They are only a couple months old, and I was starting to wonder about their ears. None of them are lopping, or showing signs of lopping. Well last night when I was feeding, I noticed a couple of Katie's babies starting to lop!!! I was starting to think- hmm. Maybe lopping is a recessive gene? I'm not really sure how to be certain on this though. Katie, the American Fuzzy Lop, has a tight crown, where daddy, the Jersey Wooly, has a "crown". I wouldn't be too surprised if this gene WAS recessive and if he DID carry that gene to make it possible.

So, who knows?! I just wanted to say I'm a little stoked that a couple of the babies are starting to "lop". I wanted to put them in my fuzzy lop breeding program.

off to work!

Susie :)
WWR

No comments: