Saturday, May 9, 2009

OR/WA Day 3

I bet you are wondering... who is our friend?! That would be the lovey Leslie Hobbs! Huge THANK YOU to Leslie for letting us stay the night. Katie and I woke up after sleeping in a little. When Katie went outside to go get her clothes, she comes back in, "SUSIE! There's a deer in Leslie's yard!" I get up, grab my camera and we run outside in our socks.

I give Katie the Camera, where she with shoes, walks to get a closer shot.

Photobucket


The deer started walking away, and then, Katie spots two more. Leslie wasn't kidding when she told us there were three deer that hung out around the neighborhood! I ran over quietly, soaking my socks in wet grass, to see the scene. Katie snaps a shot of the three starting to move away from us. I don't think they like tourists. lol.

Photobucket


Katie and I get ready... where Leslie is going to take us to tour Seattle! We are more than excited. A little tired, but excited.Seattle is rather close to Leslie, we keep chatting and singing along the ride. We took the pigs along with us where we meet up with a Cavy breeder to do a pig swap!

Photobucket
Pigs in the back of Leslie's vehicle.


Katie and I are city girls, so we are very happy when we see sights like this:

Photobucket


It's Seattle! We take the car and park it in a parking garage, go look at the Space Needle and check out the Music Experience Building. I never realized how big the Space Needle is! Surely a view.

Photobucket
Seattle Space Needle.

Photobucket
Pigs awaiting pick-up.


We meet up with the cavy breeder, and afterwards, we take the Monorail to the Public Market! The Public Market is a place where you can get fresh anything, fish, flowers, food. It is very crowded, has tons of gift shops and is a total blast for all cultures!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Leslie poses with a fish, most likely just pulled out of the ocean.

Photobucket
Beautiful flowers, of all kinds, only $5 a bouquet!

Photobucket
The woman just caught the fish tossed to her! LOL.

Photobucket
"Cactus Pups!" in one of the gift shops. We also found "Terrified Pickles" "Catapult a Baby" and Jesus Merchandise, including bandaids and bobble heads.


Leslie, Katie, and I do some more walking. We go to the "Curiosity Shop" They had mummified people in there, WHAT A TRIP!

Photobucket


(This is where Jenny calls me and notifies me of her Double BIS back home in California, Congrats Jenny!)

We decided to eat at a Red Robin, because we were leaving that night. We ate outside, right over the water and got to see the sun start setting. So beautiful!

Photobucket
A Seagull begging for food. hehe.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Monorail.


By now, Katie and I are VERY tired. We still have driving to do tonight. We say our good byes and several thank yous to Leslie and her husband, Keith. It all happens so soon!

Photobucket


On the road againnn!

No comments: