Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update on Puppy Dog...

Well, today Rabb is acting MUCH better! The night before last night, I had finally got him to eat... a few tiny pieces of turkey lunch meat and about a tablespoon of cottage cheese. It was something, a long with 10 or so laps of water. I sung him to sleep, with "Echo" by The Hush Sound, its one of the few songs I can sing that doesn't come out terrible through my lips. lol.

All day yesterday... he was alright. Mom took him to work and dropped him off there, so doctor and Mandy can keep watch. My mom works at 12:00noon and I was filling in for somebody at 2:00pm. And there, he seemed alright... but we thought it was a good thing when mom and I saw him standing looking at us through the kennel. He was standing, a good thing, since his back legs have gone week from much rest.

This morning, he appears remarkably better! Of course he is not out of the woods, but he is more alert. He wanted to go for a car ride, which we know he loves but with him being sick he doesn't really care, meaning we have to pick him up than him following us.

Instead of giving him phenobarbital caplets, we've been giving him injections. I've noticed a difference since this switch. We just got him the liquid oral kind, and I'm honestly a little nervous if this will make a difference for the worse. I guess we will just have to see what happens...

Photobucket


I've been sending my spiritual will power to him, I surely hope he pulls through. We all love our little guy dearly!

"I am your thought but the water is amnesia,
my name is on the tip of your tongue...
My image is slipping,
but your memory is gripping it,
this is my breath in your lungs."

Susie Cederlof
Wooly World Rabbitry

1 comment:

Lauren said...

thinking of you and your pup <3 love ya