Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recent Losses

It's been a rough take in the rabbit world. We've lost two "big-time" icons, Brian Hartzell and Mr. Bob Whitman.

Though I did not know Bob personally, I have seen many of his books with KW Cages at rabbit shows. I often flipped through. He was a wonderful author and very knowledgable person from his writings.

I did though, know Brian. I first met him at AFL Nationals 2007, in Monterey, CA. I remember the first thing I told him was "Your so famous!" He was very nice, and very educating. I clerked for him the whole day, and taught me how to judge several breeds, what to look for and what was nice. He was such a cool guy, and shared many laughs.

Brian raised Jersey Wooly and American Fuzzy Lop rabbits, I've never seen such good consistancy. His rabbits are excellently typed, and they prove themselves on the show table. Brian was consistantly 1st in Sweepstakes points, with thousands upon thousands of points.

I didn't know him as well as many others, but I do know him and his mother were very close. My thoughts go to her and his family and friends. Brian is a Legend for both of his breeds, I don't think anybody has perfected any breed like Brian has for his own.

Rest in peace, Brian. We will surely miss you.

Photobucket


I also want to take a moment of silence for my lovely friend Christina's fuzzy lop, Gingerbread's Bobbie, who to has passed away. She can be seen on Christina's website, which explains why she was such a special bunny. Hugs to Christina and her mom Tausha.

It's been a long long depressing week here. Aside our rabbit friends, rabbits, and everything else going on. I just can't find many words to write.

Susie
Wooly World Rabbitry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susie,

I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful blog post remembering Brian it has been a very hard time for all of us. And then to go on and mention Bobbie! Hugs back to you, you are so sweet