Monday, June 25, 2007

Boulder's Show Retirement

I decided to do a post dedicated to Boulder, the one and only. Boulder is a beautiful blue buck who is known all around CA for his great winnings and decent amount of legs. I am Boulders fourth owner, and yet I don't think he can ever leave again. Boulder had a great show carrer as a baby, and grew out wonderfly as a senior. I bought Boulder when he was about 2 1/2 years old, and he only carried 6 legs at that time. Boulder now has a total of 15 legs, he will be four years old on July 17th. Boulder has won a total of 3 BOBs and 9 BOSBS. He is 4 years old and still going strong. I have decided now, its time to stop showing Boulder. He has been a great show rabbit and has won many prizes.

Boulder is mainly known for his amasing head and very nice shoulder. He has produced me many winning offspring and many winning offspring to the other owners before me. His sire was Hawkin's George, a REW buck, and his dam was Erb's Bambi, a chestnut doe who is know for many legs and winnings.

Currently, Boulder is going through a MAJOR molt(serious buiness) and he has a reverse mohawk. LOL.

I cannot thank Lisa enough to letting me have this guy, he has always meant a lot to me ever since I first held him, and Boulder will always have a special place in my heart. He is trutly an amasing animal. =)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was Boulders last clean up, he won BOB both shows, honorable mention for BIS, and Honorable mention for best fur class. There is a lot more to him behind those honorable mentions, he almost made it for me, but just not quite enough. =P

No comments: