Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Back from the WCC in Reno!

We had such a fun weekend in Reno! I ended up with taking 2 woolies to show, only entering the Nationals and Specialty shows. I got both my rabbits up for nationals but only one up for the specialty. I had clerked for the nationals show and I could definitely say that there were some BEAUTIFUL rabbits up there! I was most particularly fond of the nationals BOG AOV winner, a Black Pointed White Senior Doe. She was a beaut!

Other than the showing, I was really happy to spend a weekend with my best friends and meet new exhibitors. It's so hard when you only have a few days to catch up with tons of friends from all over the states in such a short time, I could have used at least 3 more days to hang out with everyone.

Sadly, I didn't have a camera on me, so I didn't get any photos! But on our way over from California to Nevada we saw plenty of snow. The host hotel was great and outside our hotel room was a great view of Reno and the moutains covered in snow. The weather was perfect even thought none of us really had come out much the entire weekend. On Friday night, Katie, Chloe, Lauren & I went to Johnny Rocket's at 1 am to grab some grub. It was such a blast watching people line dancing and having way too much fun! I think the 4 of us want to take classes so next year we can go back and dance to some good country music. :)

I ended up buying 5 rabbits for my herd. I got a trio from Melani F. in Southern California to hopefully help roundness of hindquarter in my herd. They are going to be great assets and are perfect for line breeding! I also bought a Pointed White buck from Desi D. from California as well. The buck's sire was bred by me and comes out of WWR Pee Wee & Wooligans Party Girl, my old stuff!!! This buck is SO adorable and I cannot thank Desiree enough, she is so sweet and I was happy to see her again! I also picked up a Harlequin JW doe from the Maki's who is a powerhouse ready to make plenty of babies. And thanking them for also loaning me a carrier to bring all these buns home. *shy*

I did however take photos of a few of my new bunnies! Still working on getting photos of the rest. :)

Photobucket
Sundew's Moonfire - Seal Junior Doe

Photobucket
Sundew's Luck of the Draw - Siamese Sable Senior Buck

Photobucket
BBR's Love Bug - Blue Pointed White Senior Buck



We currently have 18 Jersey Wooly babies on the ground with more coming soon! I'll get photo's up shortly. :)

Hope everyone had fun this past weekend!
Susie Cederlof

No comments: