Wednesday, March 18, 2009

West Coast Classic

I've just gotten the chance to check out the "West Coast Classic" website. The WCC is going to be a multiple opportunity rabbit show and learning experience from April 24th-26th in Monterey, California.

Now that I've looked into it, this is something I absolutely HAVE to attend! There will be several All-Breed rabbit shows, along with several specialty breed shows and even Beveren and Mini Lop nationals! There will be a judges conference held, and many youth activities. I love see that the judges are out-of-state! This is exciting to most rabbit breeders and exhibitors who show on a regular basis. It's a chance to receive and new opinion on your stock to value. Types are styled differently all over the nation. What may be a garbage type rabbit to me may be treasure to another breeder in another state! Judges may be impressed or discouraged. It's nice to see a new face and hear new opinions or confirm opinions of other judges, than having the same rabbit judged by the same judge 2-3 times that year!

High Flying Fuzzies is holding double open specialty shows. I think this means we get to show our fuzzies five times in one weekend! Wowza!

I'm considering entering some of the youth contests. It has been a good while since I have done any youth contests, and though sometimes I don't do well I still enjoy to do them. :) I'm a little nervous thinking of it... but hey, I better start prepping now cause I will most likely have several this year! (If I follow through and do them. I always happen to be sick on show days... lol.)

Anyways! The website, check it out attending or now, California or New York, it is still really cool!

http://www.westcoastclassicshow.com/index.html

Sounds like my friends will all be going! I think its going to be a great turn out. :)

Hope to see you there!
Susie Cederlof
WWR

No comments: